Sunday, 27 March 2011

The End Of The Project

Overall I think that all of our hard work paid off. We have created a piece of work that I am proud of. I think the piece fits together nicely. I was very impressed with the end outcome, I did not think it was going to look as good as it does due to the fact that it was our first ever time compositing CG into real life footage.

I learnt a lot in this project I developed my modelling skills, my UV mapping and texturing skills. I learnt more about after effects and maya. I learnt more about rendering and I learnt about green screen. I learnt an awful lot and I think that this unit was extremely beneficial. I can now take these skills and improve and develop them.

If I were to do the project again then I would liked to have used our own model. It wasn't a big deal that we didn't this time round, it just would have been another extra touch from us. Despite starting early I still think that we could have been a little bit sharper with the mini deadlines that we set ourselves. But then again it couldn't be helped as there were some things that took longer than expected. Such as UV mapping the monster model for example. I think the projects before helped me to be a lot more prepared for this project which put me in good stead. Overall I am very happy with the outcome of this project and look forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment