Sunday 27 March 2011

3D Blockouts

The next stage was to create 3D blockouts of the objects and the environment from the shots that the monster is going to be in. We need to do 3D blockouts so we can get the lighting and shadows to resemble the lighting and shadows from the scene. This will make it feel as though the monster and the props actually exist in the environment. These 3D blockouts will then be given to Matt so that he can work on the lighting of the scenes. Nat gave us a link to two compositing tutorials that helped to explain the 3D blockout process, the tutorials show you how it should be done. Below is a link to the two tutorials.




We then selected some shots to do the 3D blockouts for. I chose to do shot 8, shot 11 and shot 12. I then opened up maya, created a camera and attached an image plane with the footage on it. I then went through the footage until I got to one of the shots that I needed to do a 3D blockout for and began. I positioned planes to resemble the angles and shapes of the environment of the shot. I did this for each of the 3 shots that I selected. Below are images of the shots and the 3D blockouts that I created for them. 


Shot 8






Above is an image of the 3D blockout for shot 8 in perspective view



Above is an image of the 3D blockout for shot 8 in camera view
 



Shot 11






Above is an image of the 3D blockout for shot 11 in perspective view




Above is an image of the 3D blockout for shot 11 camera view


Shot 12






Above is an image of the 3D blockout for shot 12 in perspective view




Above is an image of the 3D blockout for shot 12 in camera view

No comments:

Post a Comment